11.2.13

our parents

I involved in a conversation with a Chinese student whom I just met the other day and the conversation was pretty much like this:

X: What do you think about our country? What stereotype that you know about us?
Tassa: hmmm that you are just everywhere haha (okay I admit it that I was being too straightforward hhe)
X: Well that's true. 
Tassa: Haha yeah, and I am wondering why there are so many Chinese study abroad, especially here in UK? 
X: In China, parents put a lot of efforts to give the best -in term of education, life etc-  to their children as they only have one child in the family. This is because the one child policy that being imposed in our country, so basically as parents only have descendant, they tend to give everything they have to their offspring.


Well that's a quite interesting discussion, isn't it? But I must disagree with him as I strongly believe that it's not only in China that parents sacrifice everything for their children's benefit. It applies to every parent around the world indeed. Parents will do anything and everything, for their children's interest. That's just they way they are. That's what makes them ah-mah-zing ;p

 Love your parents folks!


note:
This writing is for my dad who just had his birthday this month, on 3 February. Happy birthday pah :)





No comments:

Post a Comment